Rainbow Hospice Care is once again offering CNA/PCW training for our Assisted Living, Long Term Care and Home Health Partners. This training will be an overview of end-of-life care and will be available to all your staff. We encourage you to send your new employees…but to also rotate you longer term employees through the training as well.
We will be utilizing our Community room (lower level) in our Inpatient Center in Johnson Creek for these training. The hand-on training will be done in patient rooms.
This training will be quarterly from 9:30-2:30; the second Monday of March, June, September and December.
For 2018, the dates will be:
March 12h, June 11t h, September 10th and December 10th.
A sample training day is listed below and would meet the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education.
9:30-12:00 - Hospice Overview
· How to utilize a plan of care, how to reach us and when to call for help
· How medications are handled (This will be an overview with some specifics to your facility)
· Symptoms and how to handle without medication
· Care and comfort for your resident
12:00-12:45 – Lunch (Available to purchase for $7.00 or you may bring your own lunch)
12:45-2:30 – Comfort measures
· Oral care
· Turning and repositioning
· Lifts, transfers and hospital beds
· Safety measures including fall prevention.
Please call Katie at (920) 674-6255 or register online at www.rainbowhospicecare.org. Please have reservations in by the Wednesday before each session. This will help us plan for lunch. You will receive an email confirming the class by the Friday before.
A one-sentence statement describing the reason an organization or program exists and used to help guide decisions about priorities, actions, and responsibilities.